Newsletter for its Extended Global Community
Tampa Bay - Progresso Ferry Service
Go to Events Index
This very important subject is raising its head once again.
Below is an e-mail from Tamara Magnusson email@example.com who is once again seeking input from the ex-pats who live and visit the Yucatan. The Akumalian Staff strongly recommends that you and all your family and friends - send this to your distribution list - Copy & Paste the Questionnaire below into an e-mail and send to Tamara Magnusson.
past year has not brought a lot of forward momentum with the ferry project
in spite of the interest of three different ferry companies and many false
start dates. The scandals which precipitated personnel changes at the
Progresso Port Authority certainly didn't help the situation either,
however, things have been happening behind the scenes and from what I
understand a number of feasibility studies have been done in the Tampa area
showing the ferry project is viable but the inability to do a feasibility
study within the expatriate community continues to be a stumbling block
especially with investors.
Questionnaire for Ex-Pats living in Central America for new Ferry Service of United Caribbean Lines
1. Where in Central America is your current home?
2. How many family members reside in your Central American home?
3. Do you maintain a second home in the U.S. or Canada?
4. When you travel to go to the U.S or Canada to visit friends family etc. What is your destination?
5. How many times a year do you make this trip?
6. If you have more than one place you travel to in the U.S or Canada please list those additional destinations
7. How often to you travel to these secondary destinations each calendar year
8. When you go do you drive or fly? If both what is the approx. % for each?
9. Do you have pets? Do you take them when you return to the U.S or Canada?
10. When you return to the U.S. or Canada do you shop for supplies etc. For your home in Central America?
11. When you travel from your home in Central America to the U.S. or Canada are there times of the year you do most of the travel? If so, when?
12. Do friends and family come to Central America each year to visit you? If so how often?
13. Do you own an RV in Central
14. What would be the most important reasons you would take the ferry to Florida?
Please number the following reasons in order of importance for using the ferry. Number 1 being the most important, and Number 10 the least.
1. Go back to other homes in U.S. and or Canada ____
2. Visit family and friends ____
3. Shopping ____
4. Vacationing in Florida ___
5. I can take my car or RV ___
6. Go to Florida to use airports for further travel ___
7. Go to Florida to get on a cruise ____
8. Just to get away for a short trip ____
9. Travel for medical purposes ___
10. Other ( please name ) ______
Additional comments or things you would like us to know to help serve you better with our new ferry service